Sexuality, Sensuality and Dementia
This course will explore the complex structure of relationships in the life of a person with dementia. Participants will learn how to support individuals to maintain relationships and continue to enjoy life with dementia.
On completion delegates will be able to:
- Understand the importance of relationships for people living with dementia
- Recognise how to support family members to maintain positive relationships with their loved ones
- Explain why relationships may become difficult due to mistaken identity
- State the meaning of sexuality, sensuality and intimacy
- Recognise that a person with dementia may still express sexual needs
- Explore moral challenges and dilemmas that may occur within relationships with people living with dementia
- Explore ways to meet the physical needs of a person with dementia
Dementia Training Course
When it comes to dementia training courses, Coleman Training are the experts. We developed and delivered the dementia awareness course for Care Quality Commission inspectors, we are a Skills for Care Centre of Excellence, TQUK approved centre, Highfield approved centre, Member of the Care Learning Coalition, Member of the ILM and we are signed up to the Good Business Charter.
We model a person-centred approach by putting learners’ needs at the centre of all that we do. When learners acquire knowledge and skills in an environment that is respectful, supportive and inspiring, they are empowered to support others. Developing empathy and seeing “the whole person” are core values that run through every course we deliver.
All of our expert dementia trainers previously worked with the Alzheimer’s Society – three of whom were Lead Trainers with the Society. Each has at least 20 years of experience in dementia care training and all trainers have direct experience of supporting a person living with dementia. This means that while the training that we deliver is evidence based, reflecting current best practice, it is also underpinned by a wealth of practical experience, which is available to support learners.
Prices quoted are for Zoom training in a virtual classroom with a specialist trainer
Please ask for a quote for face-to-face training
Prices quoted are net of VAT unless otherwise stated
All courses are for up to 12 attendees