Supporting Everyday Needs (LD)
Price £695.00 (For up to 12 delegates)
Duration: 6 hours
Certification: Certificate of attendance
Suitable forBook Now
This course is based on the film “Supporting Derek” and continues to explore the relationship between learning difficulty and dementia, now focusing on supporting the everyday needs of a person as the condition progresses.
The course is delivered sensitively, with space for attendees to reflect on their own experiences and those of others, while gaining new insights and tools to support people living with learning difficulties and dementia.
This course is suitable for anyone with a desire to learn more about the specific challenges of supporting a person with a learning difficulty and dementia.
The course is designed as an introduction to the topic of dementia and so no pre-requisite training or knowledge is required.
On completion delegates will be able to:
- To recognise the need for meaningful occupation and activity
- How to use life story work to enhance the lived experience of a person
- Ways to help a person to maintain positive relationships with family and friends
- How to support people at mealtimes and encourage healthy eating and hydration
- How sleep is affected by learning difficulties and dementia
- To promote the opportunity that night-time waking presents for meaningful one-to-one work
- How to support a person at the end of life with holistic palliative care