Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS) information
- create an account
- add your workplace details – if you are CQC regulated you can enter your location ID or postcode and confirm the details are correct
- add a user to the account
- the account will be reviewed and approved by Skills for Care’s support team
- log in to your account and enter your total number of staff
- you can then access your ASC-WDS account ID which you must provide to Coleman Training.
Creating an account
Employers can create an account with just a few basic details about their workplace. Once their details have been checked and approved, they can start to add their workplace and staff records.
ASC-WDS Support Service
If you have any problems setting up your account or require any assistance the Skills for Care support team are available to help Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00.
Skills for Care have produced a three-minute video which details the benefits of using ASC-WDS and how the data collected by the service is used by the Government and other stakeholders to make informed decisions about the care sector.
ASC-WDS Workplace IDs
The workplace IDs start with a letter, followed by a minimum of 5 numbers and a maximum of 7 numbers. All workplace IDs migrated from NMDS-SC have either 5 or 6 numbers. All workplace IDs created on ASC-WDS have 7 numbers. The letter indicates the region of England in which the workplace is based.
B – North East
C – East Midlands
D – South West
E – West Midlands
F – North West
G – London
H – South East
I – Eastern
J – Yorkshire & Humber
Examples of workplace IDs – B12345, F456789, J1001234