Professional Care Training for CQC compliance
Whatever your training needs we are here to help
Our vision is a world where we support the more vulnerable members of our society with warmth, humanity and understanding, enabling individuals to live the life they choose. A world where a career in social care is aspirational, respected and fairly paid. A world that recognises and values the unique role of the social care professional in today’s society. A world where nobody is afraid to be vulnerable and in receipt of care.
Our mission is to work in partnership with our stakeholders to inspire, stimulate and educate; empowering learners to transform the lives of people living and working in social care settings.
Our values are informed by the needs and experiences of people who require social care support. a) Person-centred training We model a person-centred approach by putting learners needs at the centre of all that we do. When learners acquire knowledge and skills in an environment that is respectful, supportive and inspiring, they are empowered to support others. Developing empathy and seeing “the whole person” are core values that run through every course we deliver. b) Embracing Diversity Our industry attracts people from all walks of life, different educational backgrounds and from every corner of the globe. This brings unique challenges, but also a wonderful richness of talent just waiting to be released. Every learner is welcome and their contributions valued equally. Our goal is to identify individual talent and support people to reach their full potential.
We will always act with integrity and treat everyone with respect, dignity and fairness. We have a strong moral compass, which means that we will always try to do the right thing. We are consistent and will respectfully challenge poor practice, even when it is difficult for commercial reasons. We will do all we can to empower others to create positive change.
Learning is fun
We always strive to ensure that learning is fun. People can live well with physical, mental or learning difficulties, they can laugh and have fun – and so can the people who support them. Having fun together creates strong bonds between people and this is our goal.
We are proud to have been awarded Skills for Care, Centre of Excellence status. We aspire to excellence in everything that we do. We will critically evaluate our own performance and take every opportunity to learn and improve our service. We welcome feedback, both negative and positive from learners and commissioners. This feedback is an essential component in our pursuit of excellence.
Caroline Coleman, Founder of Coleman Training & Consultancy
We can help you to deliver OUTSTANDING performance
Endorsed management and leadership training
Expert dementia training from awareness to advanced levels
Mandatory training for CQC compliance
Train the Trainer courses
Care home consultancy service
What our Clients say
- “A quick thank you to pass on to Lyndsay, I have received feedback from the team who enjoyed and found the training useful and relevant, the format in particular being so interactive went down well.”
Helen Crooks, HR Manager, GP Care.
- “In the nine years that we have been working with Caroline, she has changed the whole perception of training in our organisation. She has provided the full range of dementia and care related training, at all levels, to all staff job roles, in an enjoyable and truly inspirational manner. The service provided has been excellent during this time and Caroline is highly regarded by our organsation. Caroline is a pleasure to work with both professionally and at a personal level. I can highly recommend her and her organisation for your training needs.”
Mrs Anne Murray, Registered Manager, Bethany Care, Hampshire
- “Caroline is a truly inspirational trainer – the best trainer I have ever had the pleasure to sit with. She inspired me to be the trainer I am. She draws you in with her emotive delivery and sometimes heart wrenching personal stories and case studies which elaborate the subject matter so that you truly understand what is being delivered. Caroline is calm in her delivery even when the computer will not work! there is no sign of panic – something I have still to develop! Caroline supports you even after the training has ended – she is never more than an email away with great advice and encouragement. I have no hesitation in recommending Caroline.”
Beverley Crocker, Development Manager, Bluebird Care (Taunton, Mid Devon, Sedgemoor and West Somerset) (rated ‘outstanding’ by the CQC 2016) Distance Learning Tutor and Tutor, Bridgwater & Taunton College
- “I just wanted to write to express my thanks to Caroline Coleman for the superb Dementia training she has delivered for us across Somerset. We commissioned multiple training days (around 40 days in total) and have been blown away by the positive feedback and compliments received from those undertaking the training. Caroline is a superb trainer, who constantly adapts to different groups and needs. We cannot thank Caroline enough for her endless enthusiasm and dedication to this project. We would not hesitate to recommend Caroline to anyone thinking of having Dementia training. Caroline is professional at all times and has been a joy to work with. We run lots of different training courses on behalf of care providers in Somerset and have never had such a positive response to training, the waiting list to do future course with Caroline speaks volumes!”
Jon Guy, Project Development Officer, Care Focus
- “Once again, Caroline showed her passion and commitment to the subject. She is a professional in all aspects of her teaching. Excellent 2 day course.”
Suzanne, Registered Nurse, Sommerset
- “Super day! Enjoyed the group discussions and the opportunity to share good practice with other carehomes. Excellent trainer with open and enthusiastic approach at all times.”
Emma Read, Nursing advisor, Sommerset Care