A Mile in My Shoes – Dementia Awareness
Price £695.00 + VAT (for up to 15 delegates)
Duration: 1 day
Certification: Certificate of attendance
Suitable forBook Now
A Mile in My Shoes is our new Dementia Awareness course. Originally developed by Coleman Training for the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to train their inspectors. As a result, care services can now align their dementia learning with their regulator.
A Mile in My Shoes is delivered through interactive exercises, videos and group work to build a deeper understanding of dementia.
People living with dementia may experience the world around them differently. Therefore, small changes that we make, can make a big difference. Attendees will learn to walk a mile in the shoes of a person living with dementia and explore ways to support people who are living with these changes. Understanding a person with dementia has to be our main aim.
Read our latest article on how our course can save you money and improve the lives of your residents.
On completion delegates will be able to:
- separate the facts from fiction and see each experience as unique to the individual
- identify the impact of neurological impairment on the person
- understand how our memory works and appreciate how our past can shape our future
- identify how dementia can affect the perception of the environment
- recognise that the reality for people living with dementia is likely to be different from our own
- understand how dementia can affect our senses
- appreciate ways of connecting with a person with dementia and to recognise how our own actions can affect the way a person connects with us
- recognise different ways of communicating